Unfortunately, air conditioners do not last forever. A typical central AC system can last anywhere between one and two decades, so many homeowners need to buy a new system at some point in time.
When it is time to replace your AC unit, the following are five tips to ensure that you are making the best decision possible when it comes to fulfilling your home cooling needs:
- Choose an HVAC installer. If you choose wisely, the same HVAC technician who installs your new AC unit will be the same one who performs any service or repairs for the following years. Ensure that you pick a company that offers installation and servicing, as well as emergency repairs in case of immediate repairs.
- Consider installation price. There are typically two types of costs when it comes to replacing or installing a new unit: the price of the system and the installation price.
- Ensure the AC unit is the correct size. Your central AC system needs to be large enough to cool down your entire home, but not so large that it wastes energy. A unit that is too large will cycle on and off frequently, using up electricity and decreasing energy efficiency. If it is too small, it cannot cool your whole house on warm days. An HVAC contractor can help you determine the appropriate size model for your home.
- EnergyStar Models are the way to go. EnergyStar air conditioners can save you around 15% on your cooling costs. When considering energy efficiency, a SEER rating of 14 to 22 earns an energy-efficient classification.
- Check the warranty. When making an investment in central AC, you must ensure that you are spending your money wisely. A reliable air conditioning company should have a warranty of at least ten or more years and it should cover parts.
If you are interested in help installing your new AC unit in Fredericksburg
and Kerrville, TX,
contact 72 Degrees Air Conditioning & Heating today.