If you or a loved one have seasonal allergies or a chronic upper respiratory disease you understand how important it is to make sure that the quality of the air you are exposed to is as clean and clear of pollutants and allergens as possible.
Even if you don't have any upper respiratory issues, it is equally essential for you to make sure you keep the air quality in your home at a healthy level. When it comes to things that affect the air quality of a house, there is any number of variables for you to consider. For example, if you live in an area where the humidity level is high, you can expect to have dampened areas in your home as well as a certain amount of mold and mildew growth.
Choosing the Right HVAC Professional
When you are looking for Fredericksburg TX HVAC services, you need to make sure you seek the professionals who will do a thorough evaluation of your home to make sure that all factors affecting the indoor air quality of your home have been identified.
Experienced HVAC professionals are trained to look for issues on the inside as well as the outside of your home. They are also prepared to consider the environmental factors around the house and make recommendations regarding the specific things you can do to improve the quality of the air in your living space.
Your HVAC System Could Be The Source Of Poor Indoor Air Quality
Most people take the easy way out and blame all of the air quality issues on environmental factors; however, they fail to have the heating and air conditioning systems in their homes evaluated or maintained on a regular basis. Some common HVAC issues affecting the quality of air in a home include the following:
The furnace filter in a home can cause a host of problems if it is not changed on a regular basis. Often the furnace filter is the last thing people think about however it should be the first thing you should check if you notice diminished air quality in your home.
- The average person will pick up the cheapest furnace filter they can find, but it is essential to select a filter with specifications that are most suited to your household. If you or a family member suffer from a chronic respiratory disease like asthma, you need to find an air filter that is manufactured specifically for homes where people with chronic respiratory conditions live.
- One of the biggest misconceptions people tend to have about furnace filters is that they need to be changed every three months. Depending on your unit and the type of filter recommended for it, you may be adding to the pollutants in your home if you follow the change it every three-month rule.
- You should be aware that furnace filters are constructed of all types of materials. How often you need to change your furnace filter is solely dependant on what it is built of.
- You should also be aware that furnace filters can be permanent or disposable, which also plays a huge role in how often they should be changed. Some types of filters need to be cleaned once a week.
Faulty Ductwork & Leaks
If the ductwork underneath your home has leaks or has been displaced, you may notice uneven temperatures throughout the home.
- Faulty ductwork and leaks are often the reasons people have issues with allergens and other pollutants entering their homes.
- This is why it is crucial to seek Fredericksburg, TX HVAC services at least twice a year for a full maintenance check.
An experienced HVAC professional has the tools needed to check for leaks in your unit no matter how large or small they are. If during a maintenance check, a portion of your ductwork has been dislodged, your HVAC professional can repair it for you right then.
Maintenance Can Save You Time and Money
Pollutants in your home don’t just wreak havoc on your health; they also drain your budget. Whether you have to spend money at your doctors’ office, at the pharmacy or with your power company, the wrong or improperly maintained furnace filters, along with faulty ductwork costs money.
We Offer Expert Indoor Air Quality Improvement Solutions
Here at 72 Degrees Air Conditioning & Heating, we are dedicated to making sure our customers are satisfied, and we are doing everything we can to help them keep pollutants and allergens at bay. Give us a call today to see what we can do to help you this spring.