Water Heater Installation Experts in Fredericksburg TX
Are you running out of cold water more frequently? Have you noticed any rusting on your tank, or had multiple (or even one) leaks? Is your water heater over 10 years old? If so, it’s time to start considering water heater replacement. Like all appliances, water heaters will eventually wear out over time. If you live in the Texas Hill Country, the plumbing Wizards at 72 Degrees Air Conditioning, Heating & Plumbing will go over your water heater replacement options at no cost to you!
At 72 Degrees Air Conditioning, Heating & Plumbing, our guarantees go beyond the equipment. Our 6 Ironclad Guarantees include your time, property, comfort, efficiency, quality, integrity, and your overall satisfaction.
Signs It’s Time for a Water Heater Replacement
At 72 Degrees Air Conditioning, Heating & Plumbing, we understand the complexity of choosing between water heater repair and replacement, especially since you might not even have known that there was a serious problem with your water heater to begin with.
To help ease the decision of if a new water heater is in your future, we’ve compiled a list to help you assess your current situation:
- System Age: Was your water heater installed when you moved in? Is it at least a decade old? If it’s pushing or approaching double digits, replacing the unit is often more economical than repairing it. The water heater experts at 72 Degrees Air Conditioning, Heating & Plumbing can help walk you through your options so you can make an informed decision. Schedule a No Cost Estimate today.
- Colored Water: When you turn on your water, what color is it? If your water is an offputting, rusty red, that's a sign your unit may nearing the end of its serviceable life. This coloring typically happens when you first turn on the faucet but can also occur periodically while the water runs and can be a sign of both tank degradation and bacteria growth.
- No Hot Water: Turning on your hot water and getting cold water that never warms up is the most obvious sign that something’s amiss with your water heater. Check the circuit breaker and pilot light. If the problem persists - it’s probably time to call in the professionals at 72 Degrees Air Conditioning, Heating & Plumbing.
- Odd Smells or Taste: Take a sip from a glass of tap water. What does it taste like? Smell like? The answer to that should be nothing. If there’s a metallic or sulfuric tinge to it, that’s a sign that your water heater’s tank is breaking down and impacting your water supply.
- Thermostat Issues: Is the water from your tank warm, but not hot? Are you sure it's set to at least 120°F (49°C)? If you answered yes to both, contact us for prompt service or a no-cost water heater replacement quote. The inability to reach the target temperature is a surefire sign that your heating element is burning out.
- Odd Noises: Are loud cracks and popping noises echoing from your tank? These occur when sediment buildup starts impacting the heating elements and water tank. While this can often be solved with cleaning, and in the same visit, it can also be an excellent time to get a quote on replacing the unit.
- Frequent Repairs: Are you and our plumbers on a first-name basis? Have we visited your house more than twice to repair your water heater? This is a sign that your major water heater components are breaking down. In cases like this, installing a new unit is often more economical than trying to keep a dying one running (not to mention replacing old energy-guzzling water heaters will help keep utility costs in check).
- Leaks: Leaks are never a good sign. If you see dripping water at any point, or water puddling around your unit, it’s a sign that the seals on the tank have failed. Replacing your water heater is typically the best solution.
Why a Professional Water Heater Installation is Important
Though we love simple DIY fixes for many things, water heater replacement isn’t one of them, and the consequences of messing up can be deadly. Below are a few risks to taking a DIY solution to water heater replacement:
- Explosive Elements in Play: Most water heaters in Texas are powered by either electricity or natural gas. This gas is highly flammable, and a mistake during installation can spark and pose safety hazards to your family and property.
- Carbon Monoxide Poisoning: An improperly vented water heater can release carbon monoxide at dangerous levels. Because this deadly gas is odorless, you won't know if it's building up in your home. A true plumbing professional will know the local codes and manufacturer requirements to vent your unit to protect you and your family.
- Home Resale Problems: When the time comes to sell your home, that DIY water heater installation might come back to haunt you because you’ll have to pay to have it permitted and inspected. If it fails inspection, you’ll be stuck paying someone to fix your errors and when trying to move, that stress is the last thing you need.
- Poor Peace of Mind: If something goes wrong after a DIY water heater installation, you’ll be on the hook for paying for the repairs on top of everything you’ve already put into the project. When you work with a professional team of plumbers—like the one at 72 Degrees Air Conditioning, Heating & Plumbing—you can rest easy knowing our work is backed by our 6 Ironclad Installation Guarantees.
The risk to you and your family isn't worth it- let a professional plumber handle your new water heater installation in Fredericksburg TX.
Keep Your New Water Heater Operating at Peak Performance
First and most importantly, ensuring your water heater operates safely is our top priority. Both tankless and standard water heaters have multiple components that should be inspected annually. The only way to confirm they are operating as intended is to regularly schedule a water heater inspection. These maintenance visits help guarantee your water heater is safe to operate.
Second, water heater maintenance helps keep your unit running efficiently. During regular operation, calcium and other minerals build up in your system. This buildup (often referred to as sediment) sinks to the bottom of the unit, serving as a barrier between the heating element and the tank which makes it harder to produce hot water. Skipping annual water heater maintenance can drastically decrease your system's lifespan and increase the likelihood of breakdowns.
When it Comes to Water Heater Installation in Kerrville TX, Trust Our Plumbers
When you need water heater replacement in Boerne TX, you can count on the Plumbing Wizards at 72 Degrees Air Conditioning, Heating & Plumbing. You can rely on us to provide honest prices and top-notch service backed by our 6 Ironclad Installation Guarantees. To schedule a free estimate on water heater installation, give (830) 997-5651 a call. We look forward to adding you to our family of happy customers.