Heat pumps are designed to keep your home comfortable by providing air conditioning and heating all year-round. A unique alternative to traditional furnaces and AC units, heat pumps take cold or warm air from outside, and then distribute it at the temperature of your choice through ventilation to each room of your house. Many homeowners enjoy the ability heat pumps give them to maintain a consistent indoor temperature, while others like the fact that they are an energy-efficient alternative to gas, oil and electric-based heating and cooling systems.
Keep reading to learn more about the advantages of installing a heat pump in your home, and contact our Fredericksburg and Kerrville HVAC experts at 72 Degrees Air Conditioning & Heating for heat pump installation, repairs, and maintenance.
The Top 6 Advantages of Installing a Heat Pump in Your Home
- Heat pumps lower energy costs: Heat pump systems cost less money to run because they are more energy-efficient. While heat pumps can be fairly expensive to install, they are often a great investment in the long-run, as they can reduce your energy bill as much as 30%-40% a year.
- Heat pumps require less maintenance: In addition to saving money on utilities, heat pumps can also reduce the amount of money you spend on HVAC maintenance every year. As opposed to combustion-based systems, energy-efficient heat pumps require an average of one tune-up annually. Oftentimes, you can accomplish this yourself. Professional service, meanwhile, is required on average between every 3 and 5 years.
- Heat pumps are safer: Heat pumps don’t give off carbon monoxide, and since they don’t use gas, you won’t have to worry about flames or ignitors accidentally causing a fire in your home.
- Heat pumps last longer: The lifespan of an average heat pump is longer than that of combustion-based heating systems. In fact, an extremely well-maintained heat pump may last up to 50 years.
- Heat pumps reduce carbon emissions: The conversion rate of energy to heat with heat pumps is far better than with gas heaters. Because they are so energy-efficient, they also help cut down on carbon emissions, providing relief not only on your wallet but for the yearth as well.
- Heat pumps provide cooling as well: For those in the know, this news may be old hat, but for those who are unhappy with their AC unit, it’s worth mentioning. During the warmer parts of the year, heat pump systems can reverse the heating process, distributing cool air, essentially replacing the role of your air conditioner altogether.
Get Ready to Pump it Up—With 72 Degrees!
We know that putting in a heat pump is a big commitment, as is any change in your heating or cooling system. That’s why 72 Degrees Air Conditioning & Heating provides affordable financing, so you can get the comfort you deserve on any budget. We also offer special promotions and membership in our Home Comfort Club, for those who are really serious about getting the most out of every service. Our Our Fredericksburg and Kerrville technicians are so committed to giving you exactly what you want, we’ll even help you put in a temperature-controlled wine storage room.
Call (830) 302-3140 now for heat pump questions and more, or click here to schedule an appointment today.